Reduce The File Size of WhatsApp – You can expect that all of your friends and acquaintances today are familiar with WhatsApp and may even be using it right now. WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that enables its users to communicate with one another through text, image, and video messages as well as voice calls. Its widespread success can be attributed to the ease with which it is used.
It’s true that WhatsApp is still the most widely used messaging app, but it has some limitations, especially when it comes to sending videos. Many users have to cut down and reduce the file size of WhatsApp when sending or sharing videos online because of the large file sizes.
The instant messaging app WhatsApp was first released in 2009, and it supports the sending of not only text but also audio and video messages. The app can only be used to its full potential while connected to the internet. Even though there are some features that make the app better suited for business owners, the social features are what really make WhatsApp stand out and become so popular.
Compressing Videos for WhatsApp
One of the most important steps in making full use of WhatsApp is to reduce the file size of WhatsApp video on your phone so that it can be sent over the service. Videos you want to share with loved ones can be among the many things you can compress in order to send them more quickly and easily. The maximum size of a file that can be forwarded or sent via WhatsApp is 16 megabytes.
Users, especially those who want to send longer videos, have expressed significant disappointment as a result of this limitation. Given the size of a typical video file, messaging apps like WhatsApp have a hard time accommodating their transmission.
This is just one example of the many reasons why people might want to compress and reduce the file size of WhatsApp videos. Limiting a video’s file size has many benefits, including but not limited to their transfer over WhatsApp.
Lower the Use of Resources
Our phone functions much like a computer. It processes various things using various resources as we use it in various ways. In terms of WhatsApp, the process for both receiving and sending videos is identical. Transferring a large video file puts a strain on the phone’s resources. Large amounts of data transfer are required for these files, which can be prohibitively expensive on a mobile device.
At the end of the day, we’d all like to have better experiences when sharing videos through WhatsApp. Reduce the file size of a video as much as you can before sending it.
How to Reduce the File Size of WhatsApp Videos
There are two methods that will reduce the file size of WhatsApp video files without compromising the quality. Among these edits is the option to silence the video. Take out the soundtrack if you want to reduce the file size of your video. This, however, presents a challenge for many users who would like to watch the entire video.
Here’s how to reduce the size of your video file using one of the aforementioned apps, even if you don’t want to get rid of the soundtrack.
- Launch the program and select the source file for compression. Decide which format you want to save the video as if you want to reduce its size.
- Download it to your phone as soon as it’s done. Once you’re done, you can send the file to your loved ones by attaching it to a WhatsApp message.
You can find a wide variety of video compression apps on the web, but the ones I’ve listed here are among the most straightforward and effective at reducing the file size of WhatsApp and minimizing the time it takes to accomplish the task.
- Video Compressor by kkapps: By compressing your video files, you can reduce their overall size with this simple app. Additionally, it optimizes storage space by overwriting the video and enables instantaneous transfer of your compressed video.
- Clipchamp: The WhatsApp community also turns to this app to shrink their video files before sending them. It has a straightforward user interface and provides quicker results.
- Video Compressor by MobileIDea Studio: If you want a straightforward method of compressing files, look no further than this application. It instantly opens your gallery, from which you can select the video you’d like to compress. The format will be converted to the appropriate format for your mobile device, be it MP4, 3GP, or AVI.
In general, all we want to do is have fun with WhatsApp. Due to the fact that video files come in a wide range of sizes, with the majority being quite large, it is recommended that you learn how to reduce the file size of WhatsApp videos before sending them through WhatsApp. Following the above tips will ensure that you have the best possible experience with WhatsApp while still receiving the highest resolution and video quality.