Cleaning Ear with Hydrogen Peroxide – The ear canal makes a waxy oil called cerumen, which is also known as earwax. This wax keeps dust, foreign particles, and harmful microorganisms out of the ear. It also keeps water from making the skin of the ear canal sore. Earwax is good for your health in many ways. For example, by lubricating and protecting the auditory canal, which is on the outside of the ear. But if you have too much of it, it can make it hard for you to hear and make you feel unsafe.
So, we need to clean our ears often so they stay clean and don’t get in the way of hearing. An ear, nose, and throat specialist is usually the one who cleans the ear that has built up (ENT). But you can clean your ears with a liquid called hydrogen peroxide, which you can get for free at pharmacies.
This liquid form of hydrogen peroxide is called perhydrol liquid. It is used to make it easy to clean dirt out of the ear. However, you have to be careful when using excessive hydrogen peroxide will actually cause infection. In other words, there may still be fluid in the ear, which makes it wet. When ear canals are wet, bacteria can grow quickly there.
Most earwax blockages happen when people clean their ears at home. Most of the time, this is done with cotton swabs, bobby pins, or other things that can push the wax further into the ear and cause a blockage. If you like to use your headphones a lot, dirt will build up on them. Earwax can be anywhere from light yellow to dark brown in color.
Hearing loss, ringing or buzzing in the ears, a “full” feeling in the ear, and ear pain are all signs of wax buildup. Watch this article until it’s finished because it will provide a way to cleaning ear with hydrogen peroxide that can be done at home, if you don’t have time to see an ENT specialist.
Cleaning Ear with Hydrogen Peroxide
1. You have to lie on your back to clean your ears, so get the tools you need, like bedding, and don’t forget to put a towel on the floor where your head will rest. Prepare things like small containers, 3% hydrogen peroxide liquid, dry tissue or small towels, and medical pipettes.
2. Next, you can lie on your back with your head turned to the side. You can put your head on the towel when you are lying down. Turn your head so the ear you want to clean is facing up.
3. You can put a small towel on the shoulder of the side of your head where you want to clean your ear before you clean it. This towel keeps clothes from getting dirty and holds the cleaning solution for the ears.
4. The liquid hydrogen peroxide is then poured into a small bowl. Using a pipette, slowly pour 1–3 ml of hydrogen peroxide solution into the ear canal. When you add this liquid, you will hear a hissing sound and feel a little distracted. This is normal. Even if it makes you itch, try to stay calm. Give the solution 3 to 5 minutes to work.
If it helps, you can pull on the tip of the earlobe to make it wider, which will allow the ear canal to open when the water drips.
5. After a few minutes, put a small towel over the ear you are going to clean by holding it up. Then you can sit down and tilt your head so that the solution and extra earwax fall onto the towel. If the dirt falls out, you can clean the other ear the same way.